Moved to Movable Type
I've switched from Radio to Moveable Type and changed the URL of my blog for a number of reasons.
- I run Linux and I wasn't happy having to run Windows in VMware just to be able to post to my weblog.
- I'll be going on vacation to visit my sister in August and I wanted an easy way to update my weblog while I was there. Running Radio in VMware puts it behind about 3 levels of firewall and there is no guarantee that my computer will stay up. Movable Type on the other hand lets me post to it as long as my webserver is running.
- I've been using AmphetaDesk for my news aggregator so no need for Radio's aggregator.
- I changed the URL because the previous one would have put the assumtion in peoples minds that I was running Radio.
- Oh, and Dave is an asshole
(Regarding #5, here's a screenshot of what Scriptiong News looked like before Dave started editing the hell out of it, even before I got the screenshot he changed "I hate Apple" to "I hate Apple's attitude". I donated $20 for Dave's iPod and I regret it. He really should learn not to post things like this live unless he wants people to see it.)
The real question now is, can I connect AmphetaDesk and Moveable Type? I think I'll go at that this weekend.
Posted by adam at June 27, 2002 12:59 PM